Members online

No members online now.

Hegemon

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
posted Jun 8, 17

Hello everyone!

Building for the server has definitely pushed my building capabilities and I am still learning things everyday, this means that server builds will only get better and better, that then causes the issue of earlier builds being outdated in style and quality compared to newer builds despite those builds being cutting edge at the time.

Therefore, I am currently going over old builds and sprucing them up to meet the ever increasing server quality and leaving Hegemon and Darkzeus to work on new builds. There are also some lore that I designed that will be revealed in this post.

Firstly, I was playing around with interior details and also playing with different blocks in the fishing village (I call it something else but it seems everyone has adopted the name of fishing village), as you can see I was experiementing with different pillar blocks (it still looks cool in vanilla) and adding extra details to the build such as iron ingots on racks / anvils:

Due to the popularity of the lake village, I will be adding some more houses for flavour as they will be a different style, built over water to give a shanty feel to the edge of the lake and also to reflect the growing prosperity of the village from a lore perspective.

Also spruced up was the village hall, it will be the location where all of you get your first social status rank ups and ticket out of serfdom!

Before:

After

Also we managed to find a dirt slab texture and have replaced most paths in the valley to get rid of logs and wood for a more natural feel:

Burg Hofsteden

Now the fun bit. There is a new occupant in Burg Hofsteden, the new ruler of this fief is a connoisseur of culture and has a perchant for fine food, namely fine wine and fine cheeses. He finds the existing Burg drab and unsuitable for his tastes and has commissioned the top stone masons and architects in his fief to remodel the Burg to his liking, needing a facility to store and produce cheeses and wines, he has ordered the construction of a cellar outside of the Burg to satisfy that need:

Stone has been hewed from the mountains and hauled to this location, however due to the teachorous terrain, progress has almost ground to a halt.

Being culturally inclined, the tower which the sleeping quarters are located has been extended to include an attic floor for the new lord of the burg to practise his hobby of painting and reading:

Other orders include remodelling of the castle interiors to a more modern, baroque styled feel, however it would seem the lord is not particularly gifted with interior decoration and most of the new walls lay bare, perhaps a lady of the burg could help with that...

3934574.jpg